Anyone can become a member of the California Surf Lifesaving Association.
For over 25 years the CSLSA has been the only organization for
professional lifeguards, junior lifeguards, retired or alumni
lifeguards and YOU (the general public). Currently, CSLSA membership
is 1,250 members strong. Our Junior Lifeguard division has 7,019 proud members.
CSLSA Membership by Chapter, 2001-2009 (pdf)
ATTENTION: Chapter presidents and/or membership representatives of ALL CSLSA Chapters/Agencies:
Strive for 100% membership of all your lifeguards, including
the lifeguard chief!
- Prominently display or post a membership benefits list, including "this is the organization for the professional lifeguard", early in the year.
- Use the pre-formatted Excel file provided by the CSLSA Membership Chair to RENEW
members and add NEW members. Email the file to the Chair at email@example.com . PLEASE, do not send individual applications for each of your members to the Chair!
- Send a printed copy of the Excel file and a check (for $30 per member) made out to "CSLSA" to the CSLSA Committee Chair at the address listed on the application forms: PO Box 366, Huntington Beach, CA 92648.
- The target DEADLINE for chapter membership to be completed is July 15 by mail; individual and chapter sign-ups will also be conducted at the summer CSLSA Regional competition.
Please use the form below to submit your new or renewed membership application to your local chapter representative. For chapter or contact information please see the Chapter/Agency page of our website.
Form: application10.doc (fill-in online, download/save)
Form: application10.pdf (download or view)
($30) - current members of United States ocean, bay,
lake, river, or open water lifesaving or rescue services who
have worked at least eight hours in the past year
($30) - persons who formerly qualified under the professional
Lifeguard ($10) - any member of a Junior Lifeguard program
affiliated with a USLA chapter. (NOTE: Membership is not available
online or through the CSLSA; see your local Junior Lifeguard program coordinator, who will sign up JG's directly with the USLA.)
($30) - those who wish to affiliate with USLA, but do not qualify
as professional or alumni members
more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
to Members of CSLSA
- Join the CSLSA and automatically become a member of the USLA
- Receive a membership card and kit from USLA
- Receive membership incentives from the CSLSA, which may include products such as decals, T-shirts, caps, mugs, etc.
Receive two professional lifeguard publications...the Cal Surf News twice a year via the web and the American Lifeguard Magazine three times a year
- Receive professional discounts on Da Fin swim fins, Patagonia clothing, Hertz rental cars, Hobie sunglasses, and many other products
- Eligible (for all but Associate Members) to compete at the CSLSA Regional Championships and the USLA National Championships
- Eligible to attend lifeguard educational workshops, seminars and conferences
sponsored by the CSLSA and USLA (fees may be required)
- Eligible to participate in regional, national and international lifeguard
- Affiliation with Junior Lifeguard programs and competitions
- May obtain the latest beach safety and public education materials
- Click HERE
for Membership Incentives details.
This is the organization for the professional lifeguard!
a CSLSA and USLA member you can network with the finest professional
open-water lifeguards around the country and much, much more.
a member YOU also help to promote Beach Safety awareness and Professional
Lifeguard standards through public education, training programs,
exchange programs, junior lifeguard programs, competition and
other means. The ultimate goal is to prevent and reduce aquatic
injuries, accidents and death at open-water beaches in the United
States and throughout the world.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE CSLSA!
Respect the Beach
Lifeguards for Life